I’ve been really mopey lately. I got a new book: Benazir Bhutto’s Reconciliation. I’m only about forty pages deep right now, but it’s good. It’s interesting to have a new perspective on Islamic culture and the Middle East in general, especially from someone as wise as her.
I really wonder about people sometimes. Especially myself. I don’t know how I’ve managed to become such a pushover. I used to be so bossy, but now I hardly even see the point in putting up a fight for anything I want or believe in. It just seems like everyone is so selfish and wants their voice to be heard over everything. It’s as though everyone is striving to be the most impressive. I just don’t want to be another over-bearing person like most of those I’m surrounded by. I don’t want to interrupt every other sentence I hear or to louden my voice to try and be heard. So, lately, I find myself sitting with a group of friends in silence.
This Fourth of July has consisted of me sleeping and reading Wikipedia!
No comments:
Post a Comment