6.27.2009

Expanding Tastes

I’m running out of my graduation money quite quickly. This, combined with the fact that I feel like a bum now that summer has started, has inspired to me to get a job! Or, at least volunteer somewhere so my parents are more likely to give me money… haha.

Something has been coming over me, lately. Although I can’t say who influenced me (really, I can’t, I don’t know!), I have been listening to some old-school rap / hip hop / R&B. At least, old-school to me. This new fascination has, almost sadly, left me a bit disillusioned with Lil Wayne. It seems to me that all of these older, more established rappers were better in their prime (and sometimes now, as well) than Lil Wayne is currently. I’m talking specifically about Mos Def, Common, Nas, Busta Rhymes, Lauryn Hill (yes!), Talib Kweli, Jay-Z, Andre 3000… and others. I’m excited to listen to more.

Also, my schedule for next Fall is about as good as it can be, being a freshman and everything. I’m verrryyy pleased.

No comments: